EGIF Scholarship Program
Edward G. Irvin Foundation Scholarship – $5,000 ($1,250 disbursed annually over 4 years)
Summerowner Scholarship – $1,000 (one time award)
Eligibility Requirements for Scholarship Applicants
- Graduating high school male of African-American descent;
- Minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale);
- Completion of ACT and/or SAT standard exam; and
- Active participation in extracurricular activities and/or community service programs
Eligibility Requirements for Maintaining Scholarship
- Submit official documentation certifying enrollment in an accredited four (4) year college or university;
- Maintain a minimum 2.75 GPA each semester and on a cumulative basis for the duration college attendance. Official documentation certifying the required GPA must accompany enrollment data and must be received by the EGIF Scholarship Chairman before awards will be issued;
- Any indecent, immoral or illegal activity shall constitute grounds for the termination of this award;
- In the event that a scholarship recipient chooses to complete an intake program, join or undergo initiation in another social Greek Letter Organization, the scholarship awarded by the Chicago Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. will be discontinued. Moreover, it is our hope that the fellow organization will assume responsibility for providing the recipient with future financial assistance; and
- To continue to receive this award, your credentials and eligibility will be reviewed on a semester basis.
Contact: Chicago Alumni Chapter, Scholarship Chairman, James Alexander
Click the image below to download the application and mail to:
Mr. James Alexander
Key Banc Capital Markets
227 West Monroe Street
Chicago, IL 60606
Read Kappa Kronicle Article:
Board of Directors
Dr. Major Armstead
Michael Hughes Sr.
Alvin Paul III
Emmit Horne Jr.
Yaw K. Ofosu
Timothy Thomas Jr.
Byron C. Thornton Esq.
Reverend Dr. Leon Finney Jr.
Speech of Founder Edward G.Irvin
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.